News Release – September 19, 2016
Talk Is Free Theatre chosen as a recommender for funding by the Ontario Arts Council
Barrie, ON –Talk Is Free Theatre has been chosen as a recommender for funding by the Ontario Arts Council under its Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program.
As part of this program, individual artists can apply for funding directly to Talk Is Free Theatre using an official OAC procedure. The program will support emerging book writers of musical theatre, working on new work. For the list of other recommenders and their priorities and deadlines, program guidelines and an application form please visit: http://www.arts.on.ca/Page86.aspx
Talk Is Free Theatre requests the following to be part of each submission:
1) Description/ Artistic Vision for the proposed new work
2) Proof of any rights, if an adaptation
3) Resumes of each member of the writing team
4) A brief sample of each – book, lyrics and music, if available
5) Two letters of support from the Artistic Directors/New Play Development Co-ordinators of an Ontario professional theatre company
7) Any other relevant support material
Minimum grant request is set at $1,000 and maximum at $5,000. However, due to budgetary constraints, awarded amounts may be smaller than requested.
Deadline for submissions is October 14, 2016 (please note that other recommenders of this program have each set their own deadline). Please mail or email all submissions to:
P.O. Box 247
For more information or to discuss this project, please contact Arkady Spivak at (705) 792-1949 ext. 22 or firstname.lastname@example.org.