Job Vacancy: Multimedia Creative Producer – Spanish Speaking
Talk Is Free Theatre was founded in Barrie, ON in 2002 by Artistic Producer Arkady Spivak and since then has produced seventy productions. Our mission is to produce and to develop a wide range of ensemble-based programming, concentrating largely on new writing, rediscoveries of neglected work from the past and drastic re-examinations of classical repertoire.
We are looking to create partnerships with Spanish speaking theatres and/or organizations in the near future. Working closely with the Artistic Producer, the Multimedia Creative Producer will be in charge of two main portfolios:
- Identifying opportunities and setting up partnerships with suitable organizations in the Spanish speaking world, as well as managing any future touring productions in the region, using their extension knowledge of the area. The Creative Producer will also be required to write proposals to establish partnerships, travel, and create stills and video footage for the consideration of the Artistic Producer.
- Providing multi-media support to productions to allow for in-person international collaboration, as well as using the latest digital technologies.
- Other reasonable tasks, such as improving, enhancing and incorporating multi-media aspects in TIFT’s existing repertoire, underlying artistic innovation
Required Qualifications Needed for the Multimedia Creative Producer
- Deep knowledge of the Spanish speaking arts and culture
- A decade or more of experience working in the arts sector
- Extensive experience in a managerial capacity
- Multimedia Production, including film and video, marketing, online, print and stage
- Experience living and working abroad in both English and Spanish speaking countries
- Ability to interpret briefs and bring them to completion
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both English and Spanish
- Impeccable writing skills in both English and Spanish
- Experience managing budgets, timelines and schedules
- Production trouble shooting an asset
- Knowledge of international theatre (Spanish, Latin American, West End, Broadway)
- Extensive experience filming abroad
- Excellent camera skills (filming, lighting and sound)
- Photography skills also an asset
- Photography and video editing an asset
- Driver’s licence needed
- First aid qualifications
This position reports to the Artistic Producer of Talk Is Free Theatre.
Please direct inquiries, cover letters and resumes by November 25, 2016 to Arkady Spivak, Artistic Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 792-1949 ext. 22.