Call for applications – Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
Talk Is Free Theatre is again part of the OAC’s Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators Program. Individual artists and ad hoc groups are invited to apply for funding directly to Talk Is Free Theatre using an official OAC procedure. Under its allocation TIFT is interested in supporting emerging book writers of musicals.
For the list of other recommenders, their priorities, deadlines, program guidelines and an application form please visit: http://www.arts.on.ca/grants/recommender-grants-for-theatre-creators. For OAC’s definition of a professional artist, please visit their website at www.arts.on.ca.
Talk Is Free Theatre requests the following to be part of each submission:
- Description/ Artistic Vision for the proposed new work. Applicants are asked to ellaborate on the uniqueness of their process and on their approach to collaboration. We are especially interested in new creation proccesses of musical theatre.
- Brief statement for why the playwright(s) feel(s) they need to tell the story and why it must be told in a musical form.
- Proof of any rights, if an adaptation
- Professional resume
- A brief, one page sample of writing
- Two letters of support from the Artistic Directors/New Play Development Co-ordinators of an Ontario professional theatre company.
- Simple Budget
- One other piece of support material, of applicant’s choice.
Additionally, Talk Is Free Theatre has established the following priorities for funding allocations, as follows:
- Regional artists
- Artists from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Artists and works that would likely experience difficulty in attracting support elsewhere
Minimum grant request is set at $1,000 and maximum at $5,000. However, due to budgetary constraints, awarded amounts may be smaller than requested.
Deadline for submission is September 30, 2017.
(Please note that other recommenders of this program have each set their own deadlines).
Applicants are encouraged to contact Arkady Spivak, Artistic Producer before submission to discuss potential projects and applications at email@example.com or (705) 792-1949 ext. 122.
Please direct all submissions to:
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk Is Free Theatre is a member of following organizations: