Dates: September 30, 2020 at 6pm
& October 1, 2020 at 6pm
If the #BlackLivesMatter movement doesn’t move you, maybe it’s not personal enough. If black bodies being brutalized are haunting your dreams, maybe you need some black JOY.
Malindi Ayienga invites you to come as you are, she certainly will be. From the girl who on almost every report card, brought home critiques of her chatty nature during class time. Find out just what she’s running her mouth about, with direct quotes from over a decade of diaries. She will probably sing, she will probably dance, most like she will cry because her moon is in pieces and yes she mostly definitely will talk about astrology.
The entire show will be completely improvised and as interactive as you allow it to be. She’s got a big heart, lots to say, and she’s here to introduce herself.
I am Malindi Ayienga. I am Breonna Taylor. I am George Floyd. I am Atatiana Jefferson. I am Philando Castille. I am Tamir Rice. I look forward to meeting you.
With special gratitude to our season partner:
Justice for Malindi Ayienga is part of The Plural of She mini-festival.
Download The Plural of She Program
For more information about the other productions as part of The Plural of She, please click the button below.
The safety of the audience and artists are of the utmost importance. The following procedures will be implemented at every performance:
- A screening checklist will be completed prior to entry for all patrons.
- All patrons must provide their name and phone number for easier tracing, with the option of information not being used for any other purpose.
- Masks must be worn by all attendees at all times.
- Each venue has been measured extensively to ensure social distancing measures are met and maintained for each patron (or their bubble), as well as between them and the performer.
- The seating capacity has been significantly reduced to 10-20 seats depending on the venue.
- An unlimited exchange policy up to one-hour prior to the performance.
- Additional measures at the direction of health officials.
In the case of rain during any of the performances, we ask that you come prepared with an umbrella and a raincoat. In the event of light rain, the performance will continue. In the event of heavy rain, thunder, or lightning, the performance may be paused or cancelled.