Every individual has something to offer, a talent to share, and a unique story to tell – theatre offers a safe place to form your vision then realize your passion.
TIFT’s Young Company is an opportunity to let your creative spirit guide you and become part of a transformative process to create an original theatrical experience. Compelling theatre requires driven, organized, and enthusiastic people in dozens of unique roles, both on stage and behind the scenes. Where do you want to be?
INTO THE WOODS
Book by James Lapine
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Directed by Michael Torontow
Into the Woods is a globally recognized, large-scale musical with countless opportunities to work as an individual and within a group to create the highest quality of theatrical experience.
Running November 14 – 16, 2019 at the Georgian Theatre, the Young Company will be part of performances in partnership with a diverse cast & creative team whose talents have taken them to Stratford Festival, Mirvish Productions and television, to name a few.
- Committing to approximately 10 hours per week, on evenings and on Saturdays, between Oct 1, 2019 and Nov 17, 2019. The week of November 11, there will be two days of work during the day, when participants will be required to miss school.
- An interest in at least 3 areas of theatre as listed on the form
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Being open to the creative process
- Complete and absolute presence and punctuality
We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds to partake in this inclusive opportunity to work as a united company of emerging creative achievers and become ambassadors of their own identity. No experience is necessary, but any previous experience in the arts is always welcome.
Applicants will be able to register for an audition and/or interview (non-performance area of interest) starting September 23, 2019. Join today and immerse yourself in the magical and transformative world of theatre creation!
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Director of Outreach
Talk Is Free Theatre
705-792-1949 ext. 123