Dates: September 26, 2020 at 6pm
& September 27, 2020 at 2pm
A compelling personal exploration of the romantic legend, passionate mother, and transcendent Canadian writer Elizabeth Smart.
Elizabeth Smart wrote one of the most passionate accounts of romantic love in modern English literature but the real narrative of her life is far more complex. Smart is about the experience of being a woman artist in the middle of this century and how genuine connection is not bound by time.
With special gratitude to our season partner:
Smart is part of The Plural of She mini-festival.
Download The Plural of She Program
For more information about the other productions as part of The Plural of She, please click the button below.
The safety of the audience and artists are of the utmost importance. The following procedures will be implemented at every performance:
- A screening checklist will be completed prior to entry for all patrons.
- All patrons must provide their name and phone number for easier tracing, with the option of information not being used for any other purpose.
- Masks must be worn by all attendees at all times.
- Each venue has been measured extensively to ensure social distancing measures are met and maintained for each patron (or their bubble), as well as between them and the performer.
- The seating capacity has been significantly reduced to 10-20 seats depending on the venue.
- An unlimited exchange policy up to one-hour prior to the performance.
- Additional measures at the direction of health officials.
In the case of rain during any of the performances, we ask that you come prepared with an umbrella and a raincoat. In the event of light rain, the performance will continue. In the event of heavy rain, thunder, or lightning, the performance may be paused or cancelled.